Trauma-Informed Nonviolent Parenting Classes @ The Wellness Center
Wednesdays, August 28 - October 30, 2019 | 3:00PM - 5:00PM
Parenting is one of the most creative and exhausting jobs you’ll ever have. Sometimes you’ll find yourself saying or doing things to your child you swore you would never do.
Our 10-class parenting series draws on the latest scientific research on brain and child development, as well as the effects of childhood toxic stress. Discover how to communicate in ways that deepen your relationship with your child and begin to model the skills that are proven to help your child succeed at school, have more rewarding relationships and enjoy a longer, healthier life.
You will learn how to:
– Develop emotional intelligence
– Communicate and stay connected when there is conflict
– Set clear, respectful limits
– Find the love and empathy you need for yourself and your child
– Use regulation skills to stay emotionally grounded
– Recognize the impact of childhood toxic stress and generational trauma on the body and brain
– Build resilience
Since this program is funded thanks to the City of Vernon CommUNITY Fund, if we reach capacity preference will be
given to parents living in the following communities: Vernon, Huntigton Park, Maywood, Bell, Commerce, Boyle Heights, &
Unincorporated East Los Angeles.
The Wellness Center | 1200 N State Street Los Angeles, CA 90033